How to import sub tasks through CSV, I have already loaded Story but i want to load sub tasks also and attach it to the story.

srinivas Damera November 23, 2016

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2016

You need to provide each line with an issue key under which it will become a sub-task

srinivas Damera November 23, 2016

Do I need to give Issue Key i.e story ID from JIRA.

What if I want to load story and sub task at same time can we do that..

I have to migrate all from Rally to Jira

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2016

That is what I said, yes.

However, if you want to do tasks and sub-tasks at the same time, then you need a different approach.  You won't have a list of tasks with existing JIRA ids, so in your CSV, you need to show which is going to be the parent.  I wrote it up at https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/12280942 although the documentation for import says something very similar now.

0 votes
Sivarama Krishna
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2016

You can configure your CSV file with the following columns.

IssueKey, Summary, Description, DueDate, Estimatedtime(Seconds), ParentKey.

IssueKey - Is the key to identify the Issue(Story, Task, Defect any other which we can map in same CSV File as parentKey)

ParentKey - Can be blank, reference IssueKey from Same CSV File or issue key(ABC-123) in your JIRA Project.

EstimatedTime - Convert to Seconds (For smooth import)

While importing issues to JIRA, you need to map CSV File Headings(Columns) with JIRA Issue Field Names.

IssueKey --> IssueId or IssueKey

ParentKey --> ParentID

Before you start importing, verify the data import.

If any errors you can correct and import again.

Don't forget to save your mapping columns as "Configuration File" which you can use later with same format of CSV file.

Suggest an answer