How to import CSV for Link "parent or child"?

Sangjun Jeon July 18, 2016

Hello.

When importing with CSV file,

Do you know about how to import CSV for Link "parent or child" not for Sub-Task..

I can import with CSV only about Link "duplicate", Link "clone", Link "relates" and Link "block".

As you know there are also parent or child Link option.

Could you please help.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2016

No, there are no "parent or child link options".  Unless you have added them to your system as link types - admins can add any type of link they want and use whatever names they want for the directions of the links.  If you have added them, then you can import them in exactly the same way you use duplicate, link, relates or block

(Parent/child linking in JIRA language usually means "Task / Sub Task" relationships when we talk about JIRA, but there's no harm in using them in link types, even though the issues won't behave as parent/child pairs)

0 votes
Kay D Walfoort September 8, 2017

hm, I so I don't have an answer - but a further Q!  so if I am putting in wrong place, please forgive me!  

I have selected "is Child-issue" in our system, and it consistently comes through with a link type of Parent. I even tried selecting Parent (just in case my thinking was twisted) and of course, it came up as Parent again.  I have been able to do "Relates" link types quite successfully, but not this Child relationship  (and they are not task/subtasks)

Naama Ost. November 27, 2018

Removed

0 votes
Sangjun Jeon July 18, 2016

Genius! Thank you for your help.

Suggest an answer