How to hide the Create Sub-Task option under the More dropdown ?

Darapu Rajesh Babu April 27, 2016

2 answers

1 vote
JimmyVanAU
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2016

Hi Darapu,

You can disable it by disabling the relevant plugin component.

1. Login as an administrator.
  2. Find "Manage Add-Ons". (Without a text field in focus, you can also type in 'g', 'g', then 'Manage add-ons'.)
  3. Change the filter dropdown to "System".
  4. Search for the "Issue Operations Plugin".
  5. Expand the "Issue Operations Plugin" accordion.
  6. Click the "31 of 31 modules enabled" in the third column.
  7. Scroll down halfway/search for "Subtask".
  8. Hover over "View Issue Ops Bar Subtask Section (operations-subtasks)", and on the right hand side, click "Disable".
  9. Hover over "View Issue Ops Bar Create Subtask Link (create-subtask)", and on the right hand side, click "Disable".
  10. Done!
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2016

Or, just remove all the sub-task types from the issue type scheme, as you've decided you don't need them.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2016

Remove all the sub-task types from the issue type scheme for the project.

I have created a separate Create Sub-Task button through workflow transition. If I remove Sub-Task issue type from Issue type scheme then what will be my sub-task issue type.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2016

Ah, then you need a sub-task type in the scheme.  So the option will appear because it's a valid thing to do.

You'll need to hack core code to remove the option from the menu, and I wouldn't do it anyway, your users need to create sub-tasks.

Anyhow I have to remove it from the more drop down. Can you suggest any code to hide the Create Sub-Task from More drop down.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2016

I've not done it, so I don't know where to look.  You'll need to find the files that draw the menu and suppress it (bearing in mind you need to think about whether you want to cripple it globally or just for a set of projects).  Then you'll need to think about all the other places you can create sub-tasks from.

Suggest an answer