How to hide the Create Sub-Task option under the More dropdown ?

2 answers

0 votes

Remove all the sub-task types from the issue type scheme for the project.

I have created a separate Create Sub-Task button through workflow transition. If I remove Sub-Task issue type from Issue type scheme then what will be my sub-task issue type.

Ah, then you need a sub-task type in the scheme.  So the option will appear because it's a valid thing to do.

You'll need to hack core code to remove the option from the menu, and I wouldn't do it anyway, your users need to create sub-tasks.

Anyhow I have to remove it from the more drop down. Can you suggest any code to hide the Create Sub-Task from More drop down.

I've not done it, so I don't know where to look.  You'll need to find the files that draw the menu and suppress it (bearing in mind you need to think about whether you want to cripple it globally or just for a set of projects).  Then you'll need to think about all the other places you can create sub-tasks from.

Hi Darapu,

You can disable it by disabling the relevant plugin component.

1. Login as an administrator.
  2. Find "Manage Add-Ons". (Without a text field in focus, you can also type in 'g', 'g', then 'Manage add-ons'.)
  3. Change the filter dropdown to "System".
  4. Search for the "Issue Operations Plugin".
  5. Expand the "Issue Operations Plugin" accordion.
  6. Click the "31 of 31 modules enabled" in the third column.
  7. Scroll down halfway/search for "Subtask".
  8. Hover over "View Issue Ops Bar Subtask Section (operations-subtasks)", and on the right hand side, click "Disable".
  9. Hover over "View Issue Ops Bar Create Subtask Link (create-subtask)", and on the right hand side, click "Disable".
  10. Done!

Or, just remove all the sub-task types from the issue type scheme, as you've decided you don't need them.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Thursday in Jira Ops

I'm John Allspaw, Ask Me Anything about incident analysis and postmortems

I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of   Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...

5,012 views 20 14
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you