How to hide/remove JIRA data from HTML Email Notification?

We created an HTML email notification, for when a new ticket is opened. We created a simple HTML template, but whenever it's triggered the email sent looks like the screenshot below.

We do not want that part at the bottom. How do we get rid of that?

jira-issue.jpg

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Gene,

There is an Atlassian article titled Customizing email content that may be of assistance.  If this is for Service Desk you may also want to review Managing service desk notifications.  Both of these articles show you where the templates are located and how to make changes to the velocity templates.  In addition, there is also a feature request to make this a bit more usable in the UI.  In light of that please also vote on JRASERVER-7266 to add impact and hopefully our devs can add this in the future!

Cheers,

Branden

Branden,

Thank you for the links. I'm unable to open the velocity templates for some reason. I'm getting a Proxy Error message.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Thursday in Jira Ops

I'm John Allspaw, Ask Me Anything about incident analysis and postmortems

I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of   Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...

1,273 views 7 7
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you