How to have different screen for different issue types with single screen scheme Default Screen Scheme ?

I use a single default screen scheme for all my project. But for one project alone I have an issue which needs only some customs fields to be shown on that issue.But that those customs fields are required for all others projects. 

2 answers

0 vote

We'll keep this simple at first:

Create a new screen for your issue type.  A screen is a list of fields you want to show.

Create a new "screen scheme" - this lets you say "for Create, use screen X, for View, screen Y, and for Edit, screen Z".  Select your new screen for all three for now

Create a new "issue type screen scheme" - this links issue types with screen schemes.  In here, tell it that you want to use the defaults for everything to start with, but then add your issue type as an exception, selecting your new screen scheme.
Associate the new issue type screen scheme with the porject.

0 vote

Have a look at the documentation:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracloud/configuring-fields-and-screens-735940719.html

The diagram is specially useful to understand how it works.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Jira

Join our webinar: How 1B+ feature flag events helped us build the new Jira

Every time you release software, there's a bit of risk – that there's a bug, that something breaks, or that the feature doesn't resonate with customers. Feature flagging helps make high stakes s...

93 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you