How to get the ownership changed for an existing dashboard, If the owner is no longer available

Phani Sankar September 20, 2018

How to get the ownership changed for an existing dashboard, If the owner is no longer available as he left the organization and the ownership is not transferred to any one.

3 answers

0 votes
Irfan Mazli Mazuki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2018

Hello @Phani Sankar,

From the screenshot, we can indeed see that the Dashboard is shared with the Public. To change the ownership of the shared Dashboard, go to *Administration > System > Shared dashboards*. From this page, click the 'Cog' icon > 'Change Owner'.

0 votes

Hi Gabi, I could able to search the dashboard with Owner information and it is shared with Public.. But unable to find the option at the end how it is visible in the screen shot as I don't see any options in there..

I don't find the edit option therCapture.JPG

0 votes
Gabriele Franck
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2018

Hey @Phani Sankar

In case this is a shared dashboard, any jira admin can access this page:

https://<yourinstancename>.atlassian.net/secure/admin/dashboards/ViewSharedDashboards.jspa

And take the ownership of the dashboard. See:

Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 08.53.55.png

In case this is a private dashboard, you should consider asking one of your site-admins to impersonate this user account and them change the ownership from that.

Let me know if this helps!

Gabi 

Suggest an answer