How to get the issue key to always show on board cards

David Swain December 14, 2016

In a recent update to the cloud hosted Kanban board the card styles were changed. This has resulted in less visible text, and more common hiding of the issue key on the card when the column is narrowed. As the issue key is the main way we refer to issues this is causing significant trouble keeping track of tasks.

How can I prevent the issue key from being hidden on the board (it used to show most of the time)?

4 answers

1 vote
Deleted user December 14, 2016

This is a result of a code push yesterday. The Key has been moved to the lower right of the card.

magnuspwhite December 14, 2016

On Dave's behalf:

Thanks, but I know where it's moved to. The issue here is that on narrow cards it's reduced to an ellipsis, and at a lower threshold than the previous style did. As I mentioned on the linked support request, it'd be OK if it at least kept the number part.

Our board has many columns so space is really at a premium. I was upset by the extra padding (ie wasted space), but can live with it so long as the issue key is still kept visible as much as possible. I think it's removed by JS when the card is narrow. Perhaps it would be better to have a different style set below a certain card width threshold.

Mike Lemmon December 14, 2016

Additionally you can no longer right click on it to open it on a new Tab....that is the biggest issue for us.

Deleted user December 14, 2016

Ahhh.... to many columns, got it.

And did notice the 'click' issue - now need to open the details view first and go from there.

0 votes
David Swain December 15, 2016

There is now a bug ticket for this too, so anyone else who comes through here can go vote for https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSW-15331

In the meantime though, any suggestions for how to circumvent the unwanted hiding of the issue key would still be very much appreciated. I've not dug into the javascript on that page, but perhaps a Greasemonkey script would be able to do this? I'm really not sure though.

0 votes
Mike Lemmon December 14, 2016

We are also experiencing this issue

0 votes
David Swain December 14, 2016

Suggest an answer