How to get bitbucket users to show up in jira

karthikkad2007 April 19, 2016

Hello all,

I am a newbie trying to setup Bitbucket and JIRA for our dev and project management folks. All the developers have a bit bucket account and are under our team in bitbucket. I have been able to link the Bitbucket account to JIRA as DVCS account, and can see the repos and also link the JIRA tickets to commit messages. However, I want to be able to see all the Bitbucket team members on JIRA so I can assign tickets to them. How do I do this?

Any help is much appreciated!

1 answer

0 votes
Schuyler Bishop April 19, 2016

Hi Karthik,

Easy viewing of Bitbucket team members in JIRA can be accomplished by utilizing user groups: JIRA Cog.PNG> User Management > Groups > Add group. Manage your Bitbucket team members here by adding them to groups in JIRA. We use bitbucket-admins, bitbuck-sysadmins, and bitbucket-users. Click on the group and you can see who's in it. 

You could then add custom field User Picker and configure it to filter by user group. Filter by your Bitbucket group and add the User Picker field to your issue screen per project and you can view the group members while editing the ticket.  

Suggest an answer