How to generate a report and export in excel sheet?

suganthansubramanian February 15, 2017

7 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2017

Search for the issues you want in it, then use "export to CSV" in the navigator options.  Excel can read CSV files.

1 vote
Answer accepted
David Willox February 16, 2017

Open an existing filter from a dashboard or navigate to the search page. Select the projects and issues that you want to filter. In the top right you will see a drop down option for "Export". Click on that and select the export type. You can export in excel or as CSV in two ways;

• using current fields (those visible in the filter display) which can be modified by clicking on "Columns" just underneath the export button and selecting the fields that you want to display for each item.
  • or you can export with all fields which will produce an excel file containing the data from all fields in each selected issue's screen.

Hope this helps.

Eva.Howell January 26, 2020

using current fields no long available?

Leo Frishberg October 22, 2021

@David Willox 

Thanks David - this is an excellent answer, when I am working with issues. But I want to download the data set associated with one of the standard Reports.

AFAIK unless I reproduce the fields that set up the Report, I can't actually export the report into CSV.

5 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2017

If CSV doesn't work for you, use the Better Excel Plugin to export search results to XLSX files.

Samples: http://www.midori-global.com/products/jira-better-excel-plugin/template-gallery

4 votes
colleen wtorek September 30, 2020

This is for a previous version of Jira I think - is there something more recent? None of the canned reports work for me - I just want a dumb sheet :((

I find jira to be very convoluted so no doubt the ask for a visual example was triggered by this frustration. 

Sneha Bose November 9, 2020

same here its very frustrating

1 vote
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2019

@Richard vw & @David Willox: Hey, y'all, just a heads up that we have community guidelines that require members to treat each other with respect — it's totally fine to ask for clarification of an answer, but antagonizing other members and name calling will not be tolerated. Thanks for your attention to this matter!

0 votes
Illy Richards September 6, 2021

Hi team, if you are creating your report on confluence and only have export to word as an option, go to edit, here you will see the report as it's grey macro.

Click the grey macro box, and select view in Jira.

Here you can export on the top right to csv, xml, html, etc etc.

Hope this helps.

0 votes
Richard vw June 21, 2018

We need a visual step by step with pictures or a video. The words above are almost meaningless. The sentence ' using current fields (those visible in the filter display) which can be modified by clicking on "Columns" just underneath the export button and selecting the fields that you want to display for each item".... Is so cryptic it may as well be written in cuneiform .   The word "Columns" is not present on the interface. The current fields refers to a space on the page somewhere, however the location of that space is dependant on prior knowledge that associates the title 'current fields' with that space. This is because the words 'current fields' does not appear anywhere in the interface.  

David Willox June 22, 2018

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your condescending, ill observed and boneheaded response. Frankly I feel disinclined to help any further but an Atlassian community troll is such a rare and gloriously moronic thing I'll suit up and dive into this choking sea of moldy crap.

Assuming that you were able to decipher my crude and incoherent rock scratchings of the first sentence and made it as far as the search page you would see the following;

Filter Columns display fields.jpg

Then by clicking on "Export" you will see the elusive and definitely non-existent "Current fields" option.
Export Current Fields.jpg
Hope this helps!

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events