How to find the build number of my JIRA database?

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2016

How can I find the build number of my JIRA database and change it?

I'm having a problem with my JIRA, it won't start up.
I had JIRA 7.0.10 and I upgraded it to JIRA 7.2.4, (did this on separate local machine) and I didn't make any changes to the entries in the dbconfig.xml to make it into the local Database. 

Anyway, I'm getting the following error message:

Failed to start JIRA due to a build number inconsistency. 
The data present in your database is newer than the version of JIRA you are trying to startup. 
Database build number: 72006 
JIRA app build number: 70120 

Please use the correct version of JIRA. You are running: 7.0.10#70120-sha1:37e3d7a6fc4d580639533e7f7c232c925e554a6a

Can you please tell me how to fix this? 
How can I make both the build numbers the same?

I fear that my database is connected to my LIVE server, and if the database is restarted, this error would show up and halt the system?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2016

Bear in mind that if you just flip the version number and run an older version of JIRA, you're likely to find that it either

• won't start, throwing a LOT of errors
  • will start, but display damaged/destroyed/unusable data
  • will start, but actively damage or destroy your data

When you have a 7.2.4 database, you must run 7.2.4 or above against it.  Downgrades are unsupportable and mostly guaranteed to fail.  (You might get away with 7.2.0 -> 7.2.3, but 7.lower is out of the question)

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2016

So what should we do now? 
Should we just upgrade the JIRA?  

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2016

You have a choice between:

1. You already have upgraded it, you need to run 7.2.4 against that database
  2. Several months work trying to unpick a database in order to downgrade
  3. Revert to the backups you took before the upgrade
Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 12, 2016

Upgraded JIRA to solve the issue. 

1 vote
Konstantin Mitov [Botron]
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2016

Hi Mihammad,

Check the answers here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/195184

One of the most popular answers to your problem is to set jira.version to match jira.data.version like this:

<jira.version>7.0.10</jira.version>
 <jira.data.version>7.0.10</jira.data.version>

Regards,
Konstantin
Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 11, 2016

Where is this found? 

0 votes
Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2016

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist]
Hi Nic, I could really use your help right now. 
Can you please help me out?  

0 votes
Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2016

This Database build number: 72006, is coming from my Live JIRA server. It should be 70120, but instead, it is 72006 (which is build version of JIRA 7.2.4)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events