How to find out root cause of extra tasks being sync'd in BigPicture?

Carrie Niemiec February 13, 2019

I'm seeing extra tasks in my bigpicture program and I'm not sure how to debug what the issue is with them.  Is there a sync log somewhere that you can look at to see why it is failing my synchronization settings/filters?  I'm filtering on fixVersion and each of the issues in question have the correct version so not sure where else to look.

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tomek-SoftwarePlant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2019

If I were you I would go to your Program's configuration > "Synchronization" tab in order to verify if "Remove tasks not in filter" box is unchecked. If so, I would make sure that box is checked. 

For your information, if you are certain those tasks are no longer in the scope of your Program, but they are still displayed somehow on your Gantt then don't worry, those tasks won't get synchronized with Jira. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ericka Samuels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2019

Have you tried running the filter over in JQL in Jira and comparing the results to the tasks in BigPicture?

0 votes
Carrie Niemiec February 14, 2019

Thanks for all the feedback.  I checked last night and everything looked good.  Magically this morning the extra tasks were gone and under the correct version.  So must have been some kind of sync issue.  Thx again.

Suggest an answer