How to find last JIRA assign person after change to Holder

Shaun Wickramaratne April 21, 2016

Is there anyway we can find the last JIRA assigned person after we change the status to Holder (without going inside the JIRA),

Ex: Anyway we can write a Query to search ?

2 answers

0 votes
Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2016

I don't know, if you can get this information for multiple issues using a query, but for a single issue you can see this in the issue's history:

issue_history.png

Shaun Wickramaratne April 27, 2016

Thanks Kistin,

Yes in the issue history we can see all the actions. But I am trying to take a record and display on the dashboard. Not sure whether this is possible with JIRA. Still trying to find the answer.

Thanks again.

Shan W

0 votes
Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2016

you need to generally train yourself on searching in JIRA:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/searching-for-issues-185729570.html

The search that you ask for is quite basic - see some examples below:

JQL1: assignee = Dev A - this will give you all issues assigned to Dev A

JQL2: assignee = Dev A and status = "To Do" - this will give you all issues assigned to Dev A and not started

JQL3: assignee = Dev A and status in ("To Do", "In Progress") - this will give you all issues assigned to Dev A and either not started or in progress

Shaun Wickramaratne April 21, 2016

Thanks Peter,

But my question is: Currently that JIRA assign person = Holder

Before assigned it to Holder it was under Dev AA.

So I wondering to take the person name which assigned to particular JIRA before it change to Holder. (so this is something trying to get record of the history, assign person name before Holder)

Otherwise as you explained above it is pretty straightforward, if it is under particular person name.

Thanks 

Suggest an answer