How to filter on strings with underscores

Deleted user June 29, 2016

Hi there -  I have a JIRA issue when I wish to filter on a field n JIRA and extract all my test cases, where one oft he fields contains a string.

I wish to filter on strings containing a substring that appears after an underscore '_'. This is with the ~ operator. For example , I want to find issues that contain FUNC  in the middle on the searched field -  and typical strings to search and match might be TC_FUNC_001, TC_FUNC_002, whereas an issue with TC_RESP_001 would not be matched.

Looked on web and also at JIRA support defects but I cannot find this. It might be necessary to escape the underscore '_', but I can;t find out how to do this from the web.

Thanks for your advice..

2 answers

2 votes
Petar Petrov (Appfire)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2016

There are many problems with fuzzy search and the underscore character. See this thread for example. Since you are looking for a partial match, I think your best option would be to use the Script Runner JQL function issuefieldmatch if you have Script Runner installed.

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2016

Hi Rob,

It seems that you can escape certain special characters so that they are subject to text search in JQL.

However, the underscore sign doesn't seem to be supported yet.

Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events