How to filter on closed issues

Kostas February 10, 2017

In our JIRA setup we have a button with label "Close Issue" next to the "Resolve Issue" button. Pressing this button closes all work that has been done on the issue. How do I create a filter that shows all closed and, equivalently, all non-closed issues?

Note that this has nothing to do with whether a ticket is resolved or not.

3 answers

1 vote
Deleted user February 10, 2017

if Closed and Resolved are status values then status = Closed or status != Closed.

Otherwise, back to Nic's questions.

0 votes
Mario Günter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2017

Hi Kostas, 

do you mean the JIRA field "resolution" maybe?

There is a difference between issuestatus (Resolved, Closed) and fieldvalues of resolution field (Fixed, Done, Resolved, Not reproducable) etc. 

So if you want to filter you could try filter status or resolution field. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2017

What does "closes all work that has been done in the issue" mean?  What is this button doing to the issue?

Kostas February 10, 2017

The button's label is "Close Issue". I do not know which state variable it affects (if I did I would filter on that variable of course). After pressing the button though, the button disappears.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2017

If you can't tell us what the button actually does, there's no way we can tell you how to filter on it.

Assuming it is a transition though, the status will probably change.  The most simple thing to do is look at the issue history, as changes should go in there.

Suggest an answer