How to extract data from jira server and dump into local mysql server.

jayaprakash.gadi July 27, 2016

Hi,

how can i extract data from JIRA like projects ,issues and dump in to another local mysql database where can i build reports by using powerbi. Which is best option to get export data .

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2016

On Cloud, you'll want to export the data, then import it into a local JIRA hooked up to your database.

jayaprakash.gadi July 27, 2016

we are using JIRA cloud host. my concern is to get worklogs from JIRA rest api and dump data in mysql which is in some remote server. what is the best way to do it. Thanks in advance

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2016

Sorry, I didn't link to the document you need - https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/exporting-issues-776636787.html

Use that to get the data, then recreate a JIRA system from it, and use the database it creates.

You do have another option - pull the data you want to report on over REST, but that is not going to "dump data in mysql" - the only simple way to do that is with the export.

jayaprakash.gadi July 29, 2016

thanks Nic, now am able to fetch data from JIRA rest api and need help on below requirement.

I need issues created and updated yesterday from 2016-07-28 00:00:00 to 2016-07-28 23:59:59. I tried different ways but getting entire issues irrespective of dates. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 8, 2016

What JQL are you using for this ?

Suggest an answer