It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to escalate a Jira Service Desk issue for non-resolution?

I created a ticket through Jira Service Desk for help with an issue but it has not been resolved and apparently there is no way of escalating the issue to somebody else. Is this the right place to ask: how can I escalate an issue that has not been resolved?

Thank you for your help.

1 answer

Hi @Alejandro DOMINGUEZ ,

Welcome to the community. 

Do you mean a service desk in your company or what service desk are you referring to?

In general, it can be configured, if there is a way to escalate an issue and what that means for the users.

So, I don't think that there is a general solution for this. 

It's a service desk in my company called Group Jira Ticketing, but apparently the service is provided by Atlassian.

Fernando Bordallo Atlassian Team Monday

Hello @Alejandro DOMINGUEZ

The escalation of a ticket opened within your company's service desk can only be driven internally. Atlassian is indeed the software provider but its use falls in the customer's hands.

Thank you @Fernando Bordallo  and @Bastian Stehmann -neusta portal services-  both for your help. I will look further internally to find out where to direct an escalation process.

Like Fernando Bordallo likes this

Hi @Alejandro DOMINGUEZ ,

yes, in that case you will have to find the responsible people in your company, that have configured the service desk. 

There are ways to have an escalation in the service desk, you can point them here if want to:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confeval/jira-service-desk-evaluator-resources/jira-service-desk-escalations

Hope this helps.

@Fernando Bordallo , thanks for stepping in here.

Like Fernando Bordallo likes this
Fernando Bordallo Atlassian Team Tuesday

Play as a team

giphy.gif

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

1,932 views 8 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you