How to escalate a Jira Service Desk issue for non-resolution?

Alejandro_DOMINGUEZ January 13, 2020

I created a ticket through Jira Service Desk for help with an issue but it has not been resolved and apparently there is no way of escalating the issue to somebody else. Is this the right place to ask: how can I escalate an issue that has not been resolved?

Thank you for your help.

1 answer

0 votes
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2020

Hi @Alejandro_DOMINGUEZ ,

Welcome to the community. 

Do you mean a service desk in your company or what service desk are you referring to?

In general, it can be configured, if there is a way to escalate an issue and what that means for the users.

So, I don't think that there is a general solution for this. 

It's a service desk in my company called Group Jira Ticketing, but apparently the service is provided by Atlassian.

Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2020

Hello @Alejandro_DOMINGUEZ

The escalation of a ticket opened within your company's service desk can only be driven internally. Atlassian is indeed the software provider but its use falls in the customer's hands.

Thank you @Fernando Bordallo  and @Bastian Stehmann  both for your help. I will look further internally to find out where to direct an escalation process.

Like Fernando Bordallo likes this
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2020

Hi @Alejandro_DOMINGUEZ ,

yes, in that case you will have to find the responsible people in your company, that have configured the service desk. 

There are ways to have an escalation in the service desk, you can point them here if want to:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confeval/jira-service-desk-evaluator-resources/jira-service-desk-escalations

Hope this helps.

@Fernando Bordallo , thanks for stepping in here.

Like Fernando Bordallo likes this
Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 14, 2020

Play as a team

giphy.gif

Suggest an answer