How to enable JIRA Core if we already use JIRA 6.4.2

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: JIRA Core overview

Hello, 

Our team uses JIRA 6.4.2 with the standard JIRA software workflows. Now we'd like to use JIRA Core, but when I try to create new project I still see only standard projects (Simple issue tracking, JIRA default Scheme and others) 

How can I enable JIRA Core functionality and can we use JIRA Core and JIRA Software together?  

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote

JIRA Core really is the core of JIRA.  There is nothing to "enable" - you just upgrade from 6.4.2 to 7.x and that's it, you have JIRA Core, with all your data.

JIRA Software can be added later, but if you already use the Agile add-on, I'd strongly recommend upgrading from JIRA 6 + Agile to JIRA Software.

Thanks a lot! This information was not clear from JIRA Core description.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

891 views 3 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you