How to disable "Invite user" functionality

Aylin Kohls
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2016

I cant disable the One click invite addon.

I need to disable the invite user functionality in a JIRA cloud intance.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 vote
lubomir.ray@sunrise.net June 17, 2017

Is there any solution or workaround for this?

Bill September 8, 2017

In June 2016, this link could be disabled by Atlassian support.  Apparently Atlassian after udpating their infrastructure in 2017 does not allow this link to be disabled at all. 

However, it can be managed by making sure users in your site-admins group are the only people who add users to your site.  I am told the "Invite your team" link is only visible to site-admins (and probably jira-site-admins) on boards and project summary pages.  Project admininstrators cannot see the link - at least at this time.  

0 votes
Damien Braz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2016

Hi Aylin,

• Go to Manage Add-ons
  • Set the drop down from User-installed to System

• Disable the Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Invite User plugin

Damien smile

Aylin Kohls
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 1, 2016

Hi Damien! Thanks for your answer, but the problem is that I can't disable the addon.

I'm using the "Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - One Click Invite" instead of "invite user" (I don't know why), and the "disable" option is not available, maybe because I'm using JIRA Cloud?invite addon.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events