How to delete a project while keeping the issues?

Sid Yadav October 10, 2017

We are using the JIRA Core and one of our projects we were working on is now ended. We want to delete the project, so it doesn't pop up, but keep all the reports and Tasks for future reference.

Is there a way to do this? Maybe deactivate a project?

2 answers

0 votes
Steven Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2017
  1. Create a new permission scheme
  2. Ensure that there are no Create Issue permissions assigned
  3. Optionally, restrict other permissions, such as Edit Issue
  4. Apply this permission scheme to the project in question
0 votes
Steven Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2017
  1. Create a new permission scheme
  2. Ensure that there are no Create Issue permissions assigned
  3. Optionally, restrict other permissions, such as Edit Issue
  4. Apply this permission scheme to the project in question
Belinda Lee March 24, 2020

I need to archive or deactivate some Jira Core projects as well but i don't understand what 'creating a new permission scheme' means. Can you please elaborate on the steps involved?

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 24, 2020

I answered this nearly three years ago. Please create new questions instead of bumping old ones.

Belinda Lee March 24, 2020

Sorry, I just didn't want to be referred back to this old one that I don't understand.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 24, 2020

Suggest an answer