How to define assignee and issue url in send email of post function?

Hisamitsu Koga August 7, 2016

I want to sent email notification with customized Subject and Body to assignee after create new issue.

I think this can be done by Email This Issue post finction in Email This Issue add-on or Send a custom email

post function in Script Runner add on. In case of either case, I want to define the actual assignee name and

issue url in email body. How can I define assignee and issue url? Please provide me with the exact sample / code.

2 answers

0 votes
Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2016

Hi Hisamitsu

If you want to use ScriptRunner's send custom email post function, the body should be something like 

<%
def baseUrl = com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor.getApplicationProperties().getString("jira.baseurl")
def assignee = issue.assignee?.getDisplayName()
%>
Assignee: $assignee <br>
Issue url: <a href="$baseUrl/browse/<% out << issue.key %>">$issue.key</a> <br>

Also make sure that the post function is after the Creates the issue originally. step

regards,

Thanos

Hisamitsu Koga August 8, 2016

Thank you for your answer.

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2016

The issue object is already available in the script runner execution context

issue.getAssigneeUser().getDisplayName()

Should get you the assignee's display name and for the URL you can easily construct that again in code

"https://jira.mydomain.com"+"browse" + issue.getKey()

Since "issue" object is present implicitly thus there is no need to import anything it should just work.

I want to use Email This Issue post function in Email This Issue add-on. How can I define assignee and issue url? in this case?

Never mind anymore. Thank you for your answer.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2016

Please accept or upvote an answer. thanks.

Suggest an answer