How to customize the order of columns in a board

Megan Berry July 26, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Working with boards

Can I customize the order of the statuses in my board? Right now Approved is right after "Idea" it seems wrong

2 answers

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2016

Core Boards are in BETA and not many people know about them yet.

To answer your question, the columns are currently not configurable. (they will be eventually)

The order of columns is determined by the order of the steps in the workflow. You should modify your workflow, delete the steps that are out of order, and then create the new steps in the correct order. Alternatively you can create a new workflow and create the steps in the correct order.

0 votes
Avril Bower
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2016

Hi @Megan Berry, 

You should be able to just drag and drop the column anywhere you want it but you have to do this in Board Config. If you are not an admin of the board contact the owner and they should be able to complete this from the Columns tab in board configuration. It is the same for Scrum and Kanban boards. 

image2016-7-26 16:9:8.png

Thanks, 

Avril 

Megan Berry July 26, 2016

@Avril Bower, I would love to do that but this is a "workflow" board and doesn't have this "configure" button. Any ideas? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events