How to create the "remember me" feature when logging in via JIRA API?

J M January 17, 2017

The login page of my custom website features a "username" and "password" field as well as a "remember me" checkbox. So far I have developed the login feature (via POST /rest/auth/1/session), which means the user can enter their credentials and successfully login. Now I would also like to enable the "remember me" feature, however I cannot find much information on how to develop this.

I have found this page (although it is for JIRA Server) which mentions about the seraph.rememberme.cookie cookie, but it is not clear where this cookie can be found and how to use it.

How can I allow for the "remember me" feature when using the JIRA API?

2 answers

0 votes
J M January 18, 2017

Thanks for the response Robert,

I am currently in the process of creating a web app (for use by mobile devices) that resides entirely outside of JIRA but connects to the data via the API. This is why the login page has been created and why I asked about the "remember me" feature. The web app is developed using Java Servlets, AngularJS and Bootstrap, which allows for the creation of custom views of the data that suit the requirements of the application.

0 votes
Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2017

If you are implementing a login page where somebody will put in their Atlassian credentials then I can tell you for a fact that you are "doing it wrong".

If you write your integration with Atlassian Connect then you should never need to worry about that.

What are you writing / trying to accomplish? Maybe we could help. Please don't write a custom login form. smile

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events