How to create and assign Child Issue without showing Epic project to assignee?

Deleted user April 29, 2020

How to create and assign Child Issue without showing Epic project to assignee?

I am looking to create an Epic project and assign Child Issues to different people that do not have to see the Epic project information.

Please advise how should I go about this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2020

Hi Gabriele - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You could remove the Epic Link field from Edit and View screens for that project. But you can't control that by user. I would be for all users - in other words, no one could see the Epic Link. 

Thank you very much for such a fast answer!

Is there an alternative way I should be using the platform?

I am managing a large confidential project (Epic) and need input (Child Issues) from various teams.

Or do I have to create separate tasks for team that I need input from in this case? 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2020

Actually, you could create the child issues in a separate project and still attach them to the Epic in another project. Then do not give the users Browse Project permissions in the Permission Scheme for the Epic project. 

I think that would work but you would have to try it out. 

Amazing! Many thanks

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2020

If that answered your question for you, could you click on the Accept Answer button above to close this one out? Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events