How to create an Yes/No only transition screen in JIRA?

Klaus UNGER June 7, 2016

I want to create an transition screen, that only requires a confirmation from the user.

So no input fields should be shown, only a text message (label) and a yes/no or ok/cancel button?

Is this possible and if, how?

Any hints are welcome!

kind regards

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Klaus UNGER June 8, 2016

Thanks so far, but I already had this solution (well based on a custom checkbox field)

In fact I don't want any input field on that screen ... just a simple confirmation dialog (like it is available in operating systems and programming languages for ages)

So ... my aimed solution consists a message and 2 buttons (yes/no)!

Is this possible in JIRA?

Again - thanks for your support

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2016

A screen with no fields on it will contain the comments box.  If you suppress that somehow, then the screen has no reason to do anything and hence will be skipped.

If you have the JIRA Toolkit though, you can create a "message field for edit" which will display text in a transition screen and not actually allow any edits.

But, people don't like pointless popups.  I'd strongly recommend not bothering.

Klaus UNGER June 8, 2016

Thanks Nic for the Hint about the "message field for edit" approach. Will give it a try.

Concerning "bothering" the client ... I'm totally with you, but this very transition will invoke heavy hierarchical issue state transitions on a linked tree structure. Hence the customer want's to ensure, that the invoking user really intends to do so. Will be used quite rarely, but then it should be safe. Therefore they explicitely asked for some kind of confirmation.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2016

A message field should work well for that smile

2 votes
Deleted user June 7, 2016

Hints: A simple Custom Field with type of Single List

Valid values in Field configuration is set to Yes and No

Create a Screen (or Copy an existing screen), delete all the fields, add the new Custom Field

Add a simple transition in your work flow and use the new screen for the transition.

Can use post functions in the transition too.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 7, 2016

You'll need to make sure the user doesn't have permission to "comment" thoug, otherwise the comment box will be offered to them.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events