How to copy values from one custom field to another by post function during an "instant" transition?

Eitan Gur May 9, 2016

Hi,

I have a need of copying the value of a scripted field (source) to single select cf (destination) in each workflow transition.

I've successfully used a simple post function in all workflow transitions (The Field x will take the value from y).

However I have one immediate transition which has no screen and being executed by specific condition.

This causes the following behavior: scripted custom field (source) get the proper value while the destination custom field (which is the destination which I'm trying to populate with the same value as the scripted cf) stays with the value which is relevant to the former status.

I've tried to update the single select field and get the value from the scripted field by different ways without success.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2016

Have you tried "Copy a parsed text to a field" post-function of JIRA Workflow Toolbox add-on? You should use the following configuration:

• Target field: your Single Select custom field.
  • Parsing mode: basic
  • Text be parsed: field code of your scripted field.
Eitan Gur May 22, 2016

Trying to handle with our existing add-ons without adding a new one.

This one I didn't tried yet... 

Thanks!

Suggest an answer