How to copy attachments to Sub-task and opposite directory?

Hisamitsu Koga June 14, 2016

When transition happen in parent issue, create Sub-task. At this point, how to copy all attachments in

parent issue to Sub-task? Also, when add any attachments to Sub-task and transition happens in Sub-task,

how to copy all attachments in Sub-task to parent issue? Are they possible? If yes, how can I do this in workflow?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2016

The short answer is "code" - you'll need to find or write a "post function" that can create a subtask (there's a few addons in the marketplace that will do this without any need for further coding) and then add the attachments.  Similarly, another post function could be written to push attachments up.

However, this requirement feels wrong to me - duplicating attachments doesn't feel right, especially in the quantity you'll be doing them.  It would be far better to educate your users about where the single traceable attachment is, rather than duplicating it and hence allowing for uncontrolled and un-trackable branching .

Could you explain why you're trying to do this?

Hisamitsu Koga June 16, 2016

The user just want to do it since the user want to see same attachments on parent task

and sub-task. I have already explained the user your comment.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2016

This is a case of "the user is wrong" - there is no gain from doing this that outweighs all the problems that they will cause by doing it.

Suggest an answer