How to control new added scope (Stories) to a sprint?

Sally Samek November 14, 2019

Hi Community!

our project is really tightly timed and therefore the scope is already fixed. Nevertheless, there are always new requirements in the sprint that were not clear with the PIP or were forgotten. I would like to catch these new stories now to have a controlled overview. Is there a way to display these stories with a JQL filter or a dashboard? The best would be a filter after a specific date combined with a date when the fix version was changed, something like that...

Looking forward for your creative solution and/or Atlassian Apps suggestions!

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2019

Hello @Sally Samek

Thank you for reaching out!

Checking your description, I understand that you would like to return with a JQL query all the issues that were added to your Sprint after the Sprint starts. Is that correct?

I would recommend you to add those issues with a label, like "Added_after_Start" so you can easily return this with a JQL query:

labels = "Added_after_Start"

Now, If you would like to avoid the effort to identify those issues that were already added after the sprint start in the sprint report and add it with a label, Scriptrunner app provide you with the function addedAfterSprintStart, that allows you to easily return this information:

addedAfterSprintStart - JQL function 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer