How to connect to SQL Server?

Deleted user September 29, 2017

I am aware this question was previously raised but not sure if they are applicable or relevant to Confluence/ JIRA Cloud. So, how does one connect Confluence/JIRA cloud to SQL Server databases, which is hosted on AWS? Is there an Add-On for this, or the configuration of it is buried somewhere in JIRA Settings?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2017

The setup of Jira will ask for connection details for an empty database, including type and location.

If you've already set up Jira with the internal database, then see https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/migrating-to-another-database-148867.html

Deleted user September 29, 2017

Hi Nic, Thanks for your response.

Please, let me rephrase. JIRA Cloud was already implemented a few months ago. I have seen in the past, before cloud version, an add-on where users can insert code snippets and then click "Run code" (or equivalent) button. This will send the query back to the connected database (it was our data warehouse) and will display the result output back on JIRA/ Confluence.

I am not sure if my initial question have misled you. Is it possible to connect to our data warehouse, which is hosted on an AWS EC2 instance? If so, how to configure this?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2017

One of the (dis)advantages of Cloud is that it keeps things simple.

You have no access to the database on Cloud, or the internal API. 

If you want your data warehouse to pull data from Cloud, it will have to do all the work over the (incomplete) REST interface.

Deleted user October 2, 2017

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-

Noted. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events