How to configure "issue detail view" "description" section ?

victor March 6, 2017

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Configuring the Issue Detail View

I have a project which doesn't use Description field.

We instead have 3 fields : Scenario, expected result, observed result. 

I'd like the quick edit Agile view to show these fields instead of description fields.

I had a look to "https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile/jira-agile-user-s-guide/configuring-a-board/configuring-the-issue-detail-view"

But unfortunately I can't remove or edit Description section... I only can edit "general fields", "date fields", "persons" and "link" sessions. 

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Victor

3 answers

0 votes
Niclas Sandstroem
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2017

Nic I tried that in a staging environment of mine and no luck. Got curious with this use case. smile

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2017

Have you tried removing "description" by hiding it in the field configuration?

0 votes
Niclas Sandstroem
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2017

I don't think you can do this but hoping I'm wrong.

Might be worth checking with Atlassian support or checking if this user found a solution. Is there anyway to remove the "Standard" "Description" field on a ticket?

I was thinking about Java script could be worth a shot or maybe https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/behaviours-overview.html#_hidden_fields

Good luck!

victor March 6, 2017

Hi Niclas and thanks for your response.

It seems that it is not possible from what I've read many times on many threads now...

I'll still contact Atlassian to have their response and post it back here.

Cheers,

Victor

Suggest an answer