How to combine 2 statuses for different projects to one name on dashboard?

deepali June 6, 2017

I have query for showing status of 2 projects . The meaning of the status is same  however they have different syntax.

Can I combine there status name to 1 like alis in sql and rename the return column to Dev-active 

project in ("project1", Project2 )AND status in ("Development - Active","Dev - Active")

Capture.JPG

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2017

No, because they're two status.

deepali June 6, 2017

How do I solve this problem. cant we use alis like in sql or is there any other way to get the status numbers on dashboard

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2017

You don't, without code.  The status are separate things, so the report is telling you the right information at the moment.

You will need to do some agregation logic for yourself. 

Possibly the most simple option is to create a new "Aggregate Status" field with the desired options in it.  Change your reporting to use that.  Then you'll need to alter your workflows - on each change of status, you need a post-function to set the desired "aggregate status".  (There are post-functions that can set custom fields in several free add-ons)

deepali June 7, 2017

Got it ! Thank you 

Suggest an answer