How to close a project in Jira 7 server

Michael Barnes April 25, 2016

Hello everyone,

We have a local server installation of JIRA 7.14.  Once we have completed all of the issues or tasks how do we close a project.  I only see the option to delete which we do not want to do.  I've scanned through the help sections but I do not see anything that mentions making it done, finished or even archived.

Thank you

Mike

1 answer

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2016

There's no notion to "Close" a project in JIRA. The best way to can do it (and how JIRA Teams often do it) is they create a JIRA Permission Scheme called "Archived Permission Scheme" or "Read Permission Scheme" and set the permissions so that NOBODY can view that project except system admins or whichever you like.

Michael Barnes April 25, 2016

Doesn't that seem a little strange?  That you have to change the permissions?

Is there any "how to"  for changing the permissions scheme in this manner?  Also, who can set that permission scheme?

Thank you

Mike

PS, we are still very new to Jira.  Maybe 2-3 weeks end.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2016

Administrators have to do permission changes.

JIRA doesn't really have a "close" because a lot of projects don't end, and given that "change the permissions" is something you want to do as a result of closing a project, you might as well do it that way.  An extra flag isn't really needed.

Suggest an answer