How to clear assignee when you clone in jira ?

raja shekar January 5, 2017

I am trying to clear assignee when i clone my issue. I tried using post function, but i didn't find any field to clear assignee.

error.JPG

4 answers

0 votes
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2023

In the cloud, I think you could also create an automation rule if the issue's link type is 'is cloned by' and then wipe out the assignee.

0 votes
Randy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2017

Ah.  Looks like that comes from the "JIRA Suite Utilities" free add on.  Looks like the latest version isnt compatible with cloud though :/  Their previous versions were so I imagine they are just working on getting compatibility back. 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.googlecode.jira-suite-utilities/server/overview

0 votes
raja shekar January 5, 2017

Thanks for the quick response Randy.

I don't see "Clear Field Value" in Post functions. Please find below attachment

error.JPG

Thanks,

Raja

0 votes
Randy
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2017

Use the "Clear Field Value" post function and set the field you want to clear as "Assignee"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events