How to clear Jira custome field value which Jira maintain?

sandeep patel May 4, 2016

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2016

I'm afraid the question is a bit too short to tell us what you want.

Do you mean you want to clear the value on the issue?  That would be my first guess, but then you say "which JIRA maintain", which suggests you might be wanting to remove the value from the field's option list, which is a totally different question.

Also, do you mean in the UI?  Or something inside JIRA?  Or by an external call over the REST interface?

sandeep patel May 5, 2016

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist]

Thank you for response. Scenario where I am having problem is -

" I have a screen in workflow to send mail.This screen is having fields like email_id , subject ,body.So I want to clear these field value after sending mail."

Please let me know in case of any confusion.

sandeep patel May 5, 2016

Thank you for response. Scenario where I am having problem is -

" I have a screen in workflow to send mail.This screen is having fields like email_id , subject ,body.So I want to clear these field value after sending mail."

Please let me know in case of any confusion

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2016

Ok, it's not the way I'd choose to send an email, but that's another question.

To clear the fields, you should be able to use "set field" post-functions on the transition.  Off the shelf, JIRA only has functions that work on system fields, but you need to clear custom fields.  There are lots of add-ons that will provide them - I would use the JIRA Suite Utilities add on (free, well supported, and installed on just about every JIRA in existence).

You will need to make sure that your post-functions to clear fields are run after the post-function that sends the emails.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events