How to check plugins last used date in Jira

Rajesh m.v October 3, 2016

I want to know the plugins history of usage, can anyone help me on this issue.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2016

It's simple - the last time a plugin was "used" was the last time JIRA was running.

The question doesn't actually make any sense for many add-ons.  If it's providing a field for example, then as long as there's data for one or more issues, it's in use.

There are some add-ons for which you could say things like "this report/export has not been used by a user for X", but there's no way to track that in JIRA.  There's no "history of usage" for any add-ons, even the ones where it could be done (which isn't that many)

I assume you are trying to reduce your add-on usage (and hence bill).  The only way to do this is evaluate what you installed an add-on for and ask your users if they still need it.  The harshest approach (I'd only do this after asking the users and having no-one admit to using something) is to simply disable an add-on and see if anyone yells at you.

Rajesh m.v October 5, 2016

Thanks mate.

Suggest an answer