How to change screen for specific issue type

Helen Strahl December 15, 2015

Hi,

I'd like to change the screen for all test issue screens. How do I do that? What I want to achive by this is for the test issues use a screen with fewer fields than our "default screen". I've started by creating a "test screen" with the fields I want to have on the test screens, but I don't understand what I have to do next!

We use JIRA Agile 6 for server.

/Helen

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2015

Hi Helen

Congratulations on setting your screen up that is often the hardest part - working out what to include/exclude.

(You may like to watch the Atlassian University training on fields and screens. https://university.atlassian.com/uac/2.0/courses/administrator/jira/v62/fields-and-screens/field-configurations)

So your next step is to create a screen scheme that determines which screens are displayed for different operations. (Screen Scheme)

After you have set up your screen scheme you can now apply this to different issue types (Issue Type Screen Scheme).

You can also change the screen displayed in a workflow to use your new screen if appropriate.

Hope this helps

Phill

0 votes
Helen Strahl December 15, 2015

Thanks Phill! Now I have better view on how I should solve it!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events