How to change board icon/avatar

Philipp Messerli November 24, 2015

How do I change the Icon/Avatar of an existing kanban board ?

5 answers

2 votes
Rikki Worsfold May 2, 2017

There is a card in the Jira Suggestions to add this as a functionality. You should vote on it if you are interested. 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-15553

1 vote
Juan Manuel Garrido February 8, 2016

I can´t change the icon at all:

e7423c5134c6444d64741fd6764b067e.png

1 vote
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2015

Hi Philipp

My understanding is that the Icon/Avatar of a Kanban board is determined by what the Kanban board is based on.

1. Single Project based boards share the Icon of the Project
  2. Multiple Projects or based on a saved filter use this Icon
    image2015-11-25 10:50:37.png

If anyone else knows better and where to change this then please let us all know...

Phill

0 votes
Miles Duke March 10, 2017

The rules in JIRA 7.3.2 seem to be the same as Phill Fox mentioned, only the icon/avatar for multiple projects is a little different.

image2017-3-10 10:49:5.png

This happens whenever your board filter refers to multiple project names, either in "project =" or "project in" clauses.

You can actually have a board inherit an icon, yet pull from multiple projects, if those extra projects come from other criteria, e.g.:

project = 'TPS' or reporter = 'blumbergh'
0 votes
Christopher Emerson February 9, 2017

Seems like sometimes Kanban board's inherit their projects icon, sometimes they don't. I'd love to find out how to set the board icon - seems like there's no manual way right now?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events