How to calculate sla for jira issue?

Suresh Sakhare
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2017

Hi.

Firstly, I am new in Jira Service Desk development, so any mistake in question please forgive me.

I am trying to calculate sla value in date format, currently it in hour format.

I have used following approach.

1) fetching sla value using jsd rest api but it give me in hour:min format.So is there any way to fetch it date format?.

2) I have also tried with  SlaInformationService.getInfo(au,query) method which return me sla information but i got some exception here regarding Ether class.

So now i am trying to calculate sla manually.

What are the things needed to calculate sla for issue?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2017

This is not a direct answer to your question but is an explanation of some of the challenges you will face trying to calculate the SLA in date format rather than hours to review. 

SLAs are calculated against a calendar. Out of the box JSD comes with two configured calendars 24x7 and 9-5 office hours. But each installation can have many other calendars. Without the information of the calendar in action for an SLA it would be impossible to understand how the hours relate to a future time.

What is your business case for needing the SLA in date format? As there may be an alternative way to achieve the same outcome but without using the SLA in hour format. For example it may be possible to use the time remaining function in a JQL query to provide a list of issues in increasing order of how much time is left before the SLA is breached (this has the advantage of also including items that have already breached SLAs).

Suggest an answer