How to bypass login on boards open to "Anyone"

Zane Perry July 19, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Managing anonymous or public access

I have configured my board access following instructions in this KB Article but when I test anonymous access it always sends me to the login screen.  How do you link to the board without it forwarding you to the login screen?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Zane Perry July 20, 2016

After a little more testing I was able to allow access to anonymous users using the Anyone group as the tutorial explains.  You just need to use the correct links.

E.g. after granting access to create issues to the Anyone group you can create an issue using

https://jira.URL.com/secure/CreateIssue!default.jspa

If view board is granted to the anyone group use the URL

https://jira.URL.com/projects/PROJ/ 

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2016

Interesting. I'd like to see this for myself, it's been a pain point for past customers. Thanks for sharing!

2 votes
Jamie Birse May 1, 2018

This is still broken as of Jira 7.7 server + Crowd.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2016

JIRA Software SCRUM and Kanban boards are currently limited to users with JIRA Software Licenses only

Zane Perry July 19, 2016

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the response.  The information found in the KB

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/managing-anonymous-or-public-access-690849667.html

makes it sound like you can configure anonymous or public access.  The title is "Managing anonymous or public access" and the sub section states "Enabling anonymous access".  If what you say is true than this KB is seriously misleading.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 19, 2016

I am simply telling you how it works. You should understand that I do not work for Atlassian so I can just repeat the current state of things. This is a change as of JIRA 7, a recent release that had some far reaching changes to how licensing functioned in the application. 

I would note, public access does NOT mean that the public has access to all features. Further, on the article you provide, nothing is mentioned about JIRA Software constructs. The article is clearly pertaining to permissions and permission schemes, something somewhat outside the JIRA Software purview. 

Does the Agile Wallboard Gadget for JIRA Dashboards fit your requirement? It shows the same information. 

Zane Perry July 19, 2016

Thanks Steven.  My feedback was more aimed towards Atlassian in the event that they monitor this.  Will check out the Wallboard gadget.  Thanks again!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events