How to automate a weekly "print to pdf & email" from a search filter with added columns?

Oliver Lambourne-Jones October 19, 2017

My CTO would like a report to be emailed weekly based on prioritised / backlog issues in our main company board. Unfortunately the default reporting functions within Jira don't really show enough details he's interested in (primarily our "Products" and "Estimates / Impact" which are custom fields).

I've managed to generate a search filter which when I modified the columns actually looked perfect, ordered properly had all the right info. This can then be "printed" to pdf and it looks great. The problem is I can't just share the search filter as it doesn't include the column changes and I don't want to be doing this manually every week.

Any ideas?

2 answers

0 votes
Vladimir Horev _Raley_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2024

Another option, try Jira issues snapshot functionality on our app Raley Emails Notifications.

The idea is that you can create a report template which will contain all the details from list of issues backed by your JQL and have them exported to PDF. This export can be sent to any email then.

This export is CRON-based, so, should eliminate all the manual labor.

Cheers,

Vladimir | RaleyApps

0 votes
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2017

Suggest an answer