How to assign a user automatically when moving task from one state to other?

NehaNagori March 19, 2017

I know this can be done through post function in the workflow. But here my query is little different.

I have 20 projects, all have similar one workflow scheme. 

I want to assign QA Lead whenever I move the task from development stage to testing. But QA leads are different for many projects. 

In post function I can define only one QA lead name.

Is it possible to assign different QA lead for different project?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2017

I would do it in this way -

There is generally a Role in every project called "QA" , I will add the respective "QA lead" as the first member of the "QA" role in the project configuration and then I would use the script runner post-function

• Assign to first member of role
    Assign to the first member of the specified role

In this way for every project the workflow transition would assign the issues to the QA lead.

NehaNagori March 20, 2017

Hi Tarun,

Thanks for replying. I had configured script runner post function in the workflow. But still, I am not getting QA name in the assignee. Do I need to do any other configuration?

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2017

Have you chosen this particular postfunction from script runner

"Assign to first member of role"

and have you added your QA lead in the "role" which you have mentioned in "Assign to first member of role"?

Suggest an answer