How to add validation in Edit Screen?

Vinay Shekar October 29, 2015

Basically I am looking to add a validation for a custom field while editing the Jira ticket.

I can achieve the same while creating Jira through workflow validation.

I need to know how it can be done while Editing?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2015

Technically, there still isn't a way to do it really.  The standard trick is what you've already suggested - move the edit into the workflow

However, if you have the Script Runner add-on, that has some "edit validation" hooks you can use.  I'm not sure if there are other things that can get to these hooks yet.

Suresh November 28, 2017

Hi Nic Brough,

We have script runner add-on for jira , there is no section "edit validation" on add-on section. we are observing only,

• Script Consol
  • Built-in script
  • Script fields
  • etc...

I am looking in wrong location.

Scriprt runner version:4.3.15

Regards,

Suresh

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2017

They've been removed from SR, as they were too limited in what they could do.

They could catch ordinary edits, and bulk changes, but if you changed issues in Jira Software, Portfolio or Service Desk, the structure of Jira's code meant there was no way to put validators in.

Behaviours might be able to help you a bit though, that's worth a look.

Suggest an answer