How to add multiple project in one Kanban board ?

Albert October 1, 2019

Hello All,

I created a project - "ProjectMigration" and added its issues (EPIC's, User Stories) to one Kanban Board - "KanbanOne". I also created a quick filter "Migration" based on label "Migration". This project is showing up correctly on "KanbanOne".

I created another project - "ProjectUpgrade" and added its issues (EPIC's, User Stories) but its giving me a message that this project is not visible. I cant see it on the KanbanOne board.

How to have this second project shown on the single board - "KanbanOne". Since, I will be managing the multiple projects, so want to know the method to map/show multiple projects on single Kanban Board.

1 answer

1 vote
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2019

Hi @Albert

What is the exact error you're seeing? Does it say some issues aren't visible or the whole project?

There are things you can check here:

Filter Query: Ensure the filter includes both projects

• Go to Options (3-dots in upper-right of board) and select Board Settings
  • In General, select "Edit Filter Query"
  • Ensure your filter includes both projects - so this might look like "project in ("Project Migration","Project Upgrade") and issuetype in (Epic, Story)"
  • If you do change it, ensure you press Save

Status Mapping: Ensure the statuses for both projects are in columns

• Go to Board Settings > Columns
  • On the right-hand side it will show statuses with issues which are unmapped. I would also check the workflows for the second project to ensure any empty statuses which you will use in future are also mapped.
  • Map statuses across the columns

^ For status mapping, you might see more than one status once - this does happen sometimes with agile boards and next-gen projects.

If neither of these work, let us know :)

Ste

Suggest an answer