How to add menu items in jira 7

Javier Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2017

Issue:

In jira 6.x I used to be able to add items to jira menu with

<web-section key="sectionKey" name="sectionName" location="sectionLocation" weight="10"/>

<web-item key="itemKey" name="name" section="system.top.navigation.bar" weight="47">
	<label>label</label>
	<link linkId="itemKey">link</link>
</web-item>

Now I have following error when jira tries to upload the plugin

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 2017-06-30 11:26:36,883 QuickReload - Plugin Installer ERROR      [c.a.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] There was an error loading the descriptor 'webfragments.user.options.item.online.help.name' of plugin 'com.myplugin.jira'. Disabling.
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to enable web fragment
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] Caused by: com.atlassian.plugin.web.conditions.ConditionLoadingException: Could not load 'com.atlassian.jira.plugin.webfragment.contextproviders.HelpContextProvider' in plugin com.myplugin.jira

Question:

What is the replacement for  web-section and web-item

Where can I find information about how to add menu items in jira 7

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2017
Javier Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2017

Yes, it still works in this way

Suggest an answer