How to add fields to release notes using JIRA Cloud

Paul Meems November 26, 2015

We have a JIRA Cloud and the default Release Notes https://mapwindow.atlassian.net/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10002&version=10003

I would like to add the Assignee-field to the release notes. How to do that?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2015

The release notes ability was created when JIRA Server was the main product. It was implemented with the intention of allowing customers who knew Velocity Templating Language to write templates and use their own fields. This is a restricted function in Atlassian Cloud environment, so this feature is essentially not available. The feature request exists, so I encourage you to vote on it and perhaps comment more about your use-case. I voted myself. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-41489

If you own Confluence, you can easily generate customized release notes with the JIRA Report Blueprint. 

If you are an avid scripter of any language, you can easily script and host your own process using JIRA Webhooks and JIRA Remote API.

Paul Meems November 26, 2015

Thanks for your reply. I voted for the enhancement request. For now I will add manually the Assignee and if I have some time I'll have a look at making a script.

1 vote
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2019

Better PDF Exporter is an alternative to the built-in release notes generator, which offers more flexibility. You can easily add assignees or pretty much any sort of dynamic or static content for release notes like this (sample PDF):

jira-release-notes

Disclaimer: I work on this paid and supported app.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2015

You can't. 

The release notes templates are coded.  Easy to change (and safe, to the point where Atlassian document it!), but only possible on Server versions.  You don't have access to the files you'd need to change on Cloud.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2015

Ya beat meh

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 26, 2015

But you've given a very good "you'll have to do it in another application" answer :-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events