How to add board columns in an active sprint in Jira?

Jeremy March 27, 2016

I know how to add columns in a board, but every time I create a new sprint, the only columns that show up are: To Do, In Progress and Done. But if I look on to Board -> Configure -> Columns, I can see that I have these columns: To Do, In Progress, QA, UAT, Staging, and Done.

So how can I show up these columns in active sprints?

**EDIT**

I wasn't able to add a comment to the answer below because I had already asked two questions just this day. So I'm putting here my reply:

Hi @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] I saw the button 'Add Status' beside the 'Add column' but it is disabled. What do you think is the reason for this? Thank you.

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2016

The sprint is irrelevant to the board configuration - if you have six columns in the board config, you have six columns on the screen.  As long as there are status in them - have you added at least one status to QA, Staging and UAT?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2016

You can only add status if the workflow is set to "simplified" and you are a board administrator.

If you are not on a simplified workflow, then you will need to talk to your JIRA administrators to get changes to the workflow.

Suggest an answer