How to add a project type that I not have in my current pull-down

Rocky Citti January 23, 2019

My Privacy team is asking me to select a "Privacy" project type for an inquiry and I do not see it. I asked for them for a screenshot and they do in fact have a "Privacy" project type. 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2019

Could we see the screenshot?  I can't find that type of project in Cloud or Server systems I can access.

Rocky Citti January 23, 2019

Absolutely. 

Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 12.03.45 PM.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2019

Ah, thank you, that makes sense.

When you said "project type", that lead me to think you meant you were trying to create a new project of the type "privacy".  But this screen is the issue create screen.

For issues, you need to tell Jira what project you want it in and select an issue type for it.  You have permission to create issues in the "Privacy and Compliance" project, so I suspect they are asking you to select a "Privacy" issue type in the next field.

Rocky Citti January 24, 2019

I don't think that's correct... See in the project (screenshot) how she types "pec".... When I type "pec" there are no matches. I'm trying to do exactly what she's doing in the screenshot. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2019

Oh, that's the other user's screen!  Sorry, I thought it was yours.

When you type in "pec" you don't get the project she finds.  Not issue type.  That means you don't have "create issue" permission in that project.

Ok.. .So who do I talk to for that permission? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2019

The administrators of the PEC project or the administrators of the system!

Ok, our ServiceNow team directed me here. Ty for help. 

Suggest an answer