How to add Locked field (like Sprint) to the details on Bug screen?

Dima Goldenberg June 28, 2017

Hi, I would like to display few fields on the Bug details screen in order to add them easier, without opening the Edit mode. 

But few fields, like Sprint and Epick Link, appear as Locked and have no "Show" option in Field Configurations screen where I can configure what to display. 

Is it possible to display them without unlocking these fields? 

Thanks 

2 answers

0 votes
Timothy Johnston October 31, 2019

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- do you know how to make a field read-only i the New Issue View? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 2, 2019

I don't think there's a way to do it in the new issue view.

Timothy Johnston November 3, 2019

Thanks; I'll keep watching the forums then!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2017

You don't configure this in field configurations.  The fields are not hidden and one of the reasons they are locked is to prevent people hiding them.

You can add them to the *screen* you want to see them on.

That's the problem, they are added but they are not displayed. The only way I can affect which field is displayed or not is by changing the Hide/Show option for fields that are not locked. Once I do that they appear and disappear accordingly. So I know that this works. But for some fields that I want to add there are no such options. 

And what's funny, is that once I add them in Edit mode they do appear on the screen and I can edit them. But when new bug is opened they are not displayed as empty fields. Maybe that is better explains my issue. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2017

Show/hide does not affect the screens like that.  It completely hides the field from the issue type, so that it won't appear anywhere.

That's why I say you're looking in the wrong place, and unlocking the fields won't help you - the fields are shown already, and you don't want them hidden.

I get both of those fields on my issue view, so I'm starting to think you might not mean the plain issue view.  I am sorry, I should have thought of that earlier.

Could you explain which "bug details" screen you mean, as there's several places it might be.

I see what you mean. I do see those fields when I view them in plain issue view. I am on the project's board and when I click on issue I see in side bar the details.

What I am talking about is the main bug screen, when you click on the ticket number. Then you see all details of this specific ticket only, with description, attachements, activity and etc. 

If there is a ticket that was not set up with Epic and Sprint, I don't see these fields on this page. I press Edit option on top to enter Edit mode for this ticket, and in that I can set both fields. After update both fields appear normally and I can change them from usual view of the page. So I want to show them when they empty, same as in plain view. as I see Fix Version/s field, for example. That field appears empty and I can change it directly. 

Hope this is clearer. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2017

Very much so!  Thank you!

The short answer is simple - JIRA hides custom fields if they have no data in them.  There isn't a way to change this without some coding I'm afraid.

Dima Goldenberg June 29, 2017

I see, ok thanks. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events