How to access Core Cloud when we have Jira Software cloud

Russell Arden July 3, 2018

We have had Jira Software (cloud) and confluence for a while. I just added the trial of Core for another part of our team. 

However, I CAN'T FIND CORE ANYWHERE? If I go Home I don't see it when I go home, don't see it under apps.

Where does core live if you already had software cloud???

2 answers

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 3, 2018

You control the access to application-specific features via Application access configuration under Site administration > Application access. Depending on which application group a user belongs to, they will see different things when accessing Jira, see Discovering Jira applications

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 3, 2018

Jira Software is an "application" that adds a layer of functions over the top of Core.  All the stuff with issues, workflows, fields, users, projects etc - that is Jira Core already, Software adds the agile functions (i.e. boards)

Your new Core trial users automatically get access to Core now, they just won't be able to use the agile board stuff.

Suggest an answer