How to a resolve an issue with a smart commit such that a resolution is also set?

Brett Nemeroff April 28, 2016

If I #resolve an issue in a commit, the issue status is set to closed, but the Resolution field is left as "Unresolved".

How can I make it so that when an issue is resolved via a commit, it's resolution is set to something sane? 

Thanks,

Brett

2 answers

0 votes
Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2016

Look at the transition to closed.

Click on triggers and select the trigger you need for the commit and configure as needed.

Add a post-function to set the resolution field using the Update Field function.

Chris

0 votes
Adam Wride
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2016

Hi Brett - 

This likely has to do with your JIRA workflow rather than the Smart Commit itself. I would guess that the #resolve transition in your workflow doesn't actually trigger a change in the workflow for that project.

Also - note that your workflow might have multiple transitions. 

Adam

Suggest an answer